Are you passionate about pioneering solutions for rural needs? Are you a champion at leading teams? Are you looking to take ownership, drive results and make an impact? Look no further
A leading rural marketing organisation is looking to hire Business Head to take their organisation to the next level. Reporting to the CEO and Co-CEO, you will be coordinating efforts across the organisation, including Operations, Finance, Marketing, Product and Channel teams. You will be responsible for driving traditional and alternative channels and achieving business objectives across rural household engagement.
The organisation is focused on redefining and fulfilling aspirations of rural households and building rural outreach through multiple channels, including direct trade and partnerships with Government and Federations. The organisation currently designs, manufactures and distributes clean energy and solar products, and are planning to launch other socially relevant, energy efficient products in the coming year. In 2017-18 their target is to reach to over 500K rural households of Rajasthan and expand into a range of new states. They want you to be part of this impact story.
What's on offer: A highly competitive salary. This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a diverse team of passionate and committed change-makers and work with an organisation focused on redefining and fulfilling aspirations of rural households. The organisation's philosophy is focused on deploying empowered leadership across all levels and function in the organisation. You will be empowered to build consensus, take calculated risks and perform.
Understanding of Rural markets:
- Achieve business objectives on rural household engagement
- Execute marketing programs to drive brand awareness
- Proactively implement strategies to map and counter competition
- Build and implement market intelligence strategies
- Drive engagement with traditional channel partners and distributors
- Drive engagement with alternate channels, such as NGOs, Federations & Self Help Groups
- Identify, induct and train relevant traders to sell products
Does this sound like you?
- Build and manage multiple functions, including Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operational
- Work with functions to develop and deliver household penetration targets and P&L
- Work with external and internal partners to drive consumer insights and sales
- Lead organisation wide culture and competencies
- Lead the organisation from the front as a defacto CEO
- Experience (5+ years) with traditional retail and distribution channels OR alternate NGO, Federation and SHG channels
- Experience (5+ years) managing Sales, Marketing or Operations P&L and targets
- Experience (4+ years) across rural products
- Experience (3+ years) managing large teams (50-100 FTEs)
- Experience (2+ years) in local Rajasthan markets
- Experience working across multiple states
- Experience with market research and market intelligence
- Experience across consumer durables and consumer electronics