Chances are you have a good idea of where you want to go in life. At Google, we have designed a culture that helps you get there. From our flexible, project-based approach to corporate structure to our innovative perks and benefits, we do everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great jobs, but great lives. Into being challenged? Into having fun? Want to change the world? If the answer is yes, then you have come to the right place.
This position is based in Hyderabad, India.
The area: Product Quality Operations (PQO)
The Product Quality Operations (PQO) team protects Google's users. We define and communicate product policies, and we defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse across Google products. The PQO team ensures product quality for the company's expanding base of advertisers, publishers and users in more than 40 languages. We partner with Engineering to combat fraud and abuse across major products like Search, AdWords, AdSense, Google+, Wallet, and Maps. PQO team members are motivated to find innovative solutions and use technical know-how and proactive communication to work across functions to defend the user.
The role: Product Quality Analyst
Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Product Quality Operations team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As a Product Quality Analyst, you will be responsible for protecting the integrity of at least one of Google’s key products (such as Search, Maps, AdWords, AdSense, Wallet, Shopping, Social) by investigating financial fraud, account-related abuse, questionable business practices, violations of Google’s policies, and general misuse of our products. You will be introduced to dynamic analytical techniques and leverage custom-built technology to have a direct impact on improving the experience of millions of Google users. As an ideal candidate, you subscribe to a "user-first" philosophy and are interested in improving Google's user experience and product integrity. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity, thrive in a fast-paced, global, and cross-functional environment, and can effectively harness your analytical and technical skills combined with innovative ideas to drive process improvement and tool development.
- Investigate, identify, and prevent/remove product quality issues by reviewing accounts, transactions, user-generated content, advertisements, local business listings, and/or search results in order to enforce product-specific policies.
- Identify market trends, identify product vulnerabilities, and recommend strategy adjustments based on market trends and patterns.
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analyses and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support and product expansion. Increase efficiency through processes and system enhancements.
- Manage and respond to escalations from internal and external parties within designated service levels as appropriate.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Engineering and Product by exposing product vulnerabilities and providing feedback on systems/tools/process in order to increase automation while providing a better experience for our users.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience
- 1 year of experience, or a new graduate with a successful track record.
- Knowledge and/or experience in internet, web-research, fraud investigation, risk management, advertising, and/or e-commerce.
- Familiarity with typical web practices and solid understanding of webmaster skills and interest in innovation, technology, and Google products. Native fluency in multiple languages.
- Ability to identify complex problems and implement creative, data-driven solutions. Analytical skills with attention to detail and experience analyzing large sets of data in Excel.
- Strong project management skills with flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of projects while demonstrating ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.